The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development in Collaboration with International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD) and the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) is implementing a Livelihood Improvement Family Enterprise in the Niger Delta States (LIFE-ND).
To facilitate implementation of the project, the partners want qualified and competent personnel to fill the underlisted positions:
Job Title: State Agricultural Processing/Quality Enhancement Officer (APQEO)
Locations: Nassarawa, Kogi and Enugu
Job Type: Contract (1 year)
Reporting and Location: Directly to the State Programme Coordinator
- The FGN/IFAD VCDP is desirous of engaging the services of Technical specialist and staff to facilitate VCDP and other IFAD Assisted programs implementation at the proposed additional VCDP states of Nassarawa, Kogi and Enugu.
- The APQE will work under the direct supervision of the NPMU Market and Enterprise Development Advisor and in close collaboration with the State Business and Market Development Officer, State Government and Local Government authorities. Overall, the APQE will be directly in charge of state and local government-level interventions in the area of promoting the use of improved and more efficient value addition equipment and technologies for agro-processing, handling, storage and packaging.
- Coordinate the implementation and monitoring of state and local government-level Programme activities and actions in the provision of agro-processing and related equipment and technologies.
- Work with VC operators such as agro-processor organizations to arrange for the acquisition and sustained efficient management and use of new agro-processing and related equipment.
- Supervise the setting up and operation of demonstration of improved technologies and equipment and the provision of equipment for standard measures and weights.
- Work with the SBMDO to organize commodity fairs and other interactive events for VC operators and the State Government.
- Supervise the setting up and management of demonstration exercises and activities for the promotion of the use of improved agro-processing equipment and technologies.
- Supervise and coordinate the technical assistance in the areas of food processing systems (md. GAP, GMP and HACCP principles).
- Deal and interact with state and local government agencies in consultative and collaborative activities.
- Supervise the work of service providers in the area of value addition equipment and technologies, providing information about their performance;
- Source and use information from various sources for the implementation and coordination of activities and measures for the promotion of value addition;
- Supervise state-level capacity building and technical assistance measures and activities in the areas of acquisition and use of value addition equipment and technologies.
- Participate in the formulation and implementation of the VCAP and supervision of activities under the value addition segment of the VCAP.
Qualification and Experience
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma in Agricultural/Food Engineering or Food Science and Technology.
- Strong background in engineering and technological aspects of agroprocessing and agricultural product handling (storage, preservation and packaging).
- Practical skills and at least 5 years work experience on matters relating to food and agricultural processing, agro-industrial development and MSME promotion.
- Good negotiation, inter-personal skills and communication abilities.
Closing Date: 16th April, 2018
General Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index