RusselSmith Group is a company created to to service the needs of the global Oil and Gas exploration and production industry utilizing Rope Access Technology as primary means of access.
A career at RusselSmith offers you growth and a chance to make a difference. Throughout our history, we have continued to help our employees realize their dreams, whilst creating opportunities for them to fulfill their personal and professional potential. RusselSmith Group is recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Account Officer in RusselSmith Group
Job Reference Code: RS-FIN-006
Job Type: Full-Time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure accurate, functional and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems that all relevant records are maintained.
• Codes invoices with accounting account numbers according to distribution in the general ledger
• Transactions posting. Determines dates for invoices to be paid and keys invoices into computerized accounts payable system. Tracks the approvals of transactions posted
• Process all petty cash, cash advances, purchase orders, claimable expenses and payroll income
• Monitors and ensure that approved transactions are posted into the various accounts within the specified period.
• On daily and weekly basis, reviews invoices scheduled for payment and special cheque request with line Manager, prints approved checks, prepare and routes for signature according to check signing authority.
• Attaches duplicate copy of checks to original invoices, stamps invoices "Paid" and files in permanent records.
• Receives and processes vendor invoices and internal check requests.
• Maintains open files for purchase orders, packing/receiving slips and matches to invoices.
• Review, proofread, and verify forms, invoices, requisitions, reimbursements and financial documents as necessary for accuracy in calculation and adherence to policies and procedures.
• Verifies invoices for quantity, unit pricing, extensions and applicable discounts.
• Assist with preparation of financial statements, maintaining cash controls and maintaining accounts payable
• Assist in the preparation of annual accounts and project financial deliverables
• Processes account payable, receivable invoices and payments in an accurate and timely manner.
• Process all payments through cash-flow and monthly bank reconciliation.
• Obtains approval from appropriate personnel for payment for miscellaneous invoices.
• Maintains alphabetical open invoice file for unpaid invoices.
• Prints, verifies and maintains accounts payable voucher reports, open/aging reports, disbursement reports, and journals.
• Creates a journal entry in cash management and reconciles the bank deposit to the accounts receivable sub-ledger
• Investigate differences with the bank statement and company’s journals and ledgers; and reconcile any discrepancies or inaccuracies.
• Process all journals for the reconciliations with bank statement. Make appropriate adjustments and reconciliation of any discrepancies or inaccuracies in the accounts ledger and cash management ledger
• Liaise with the bank on a daily basis to discuss the daily receipts in the bank statement and give advice on action required for different receipts.
• Ensures the reconciliation of monthly cash flow reports and statistical records/logs.
• Prepare financial management processes, particularly in relation to bank account transaction types into the ERP software in an accurate and timely manner.
Fixed Asset Register
• Generate and update project costs into fixed asset accounts, and close out those accounts once the related projects have been completed.
• Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the summary-level account in the general ledger.
• Calculate depreciation for all fixed assets and update upon acquisition of new assets.
• Review and update the detailed schedule of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation terms/rates as it applies to capitalized items.
• Prepares property tax returns for review with the line manager
• Ensures proper documentation and maintenance of the department’s file management system.
• Files papers and documents into appropriate department files.
• Assist in the development and review of departmental procedures, policies and objective.
• Monitors the departmental inventory and coordinates the requisitioning of additional materials as required
• Prepares scheduled management account reports.
• Generate the required weekly, monthly, quarterly, bi-annually and annually reports and presentations.
• Provide comprehensive, effective and efficient administrative support to all departments.
• Performs other duties as assigned or required.
• A good university first Degree is required; preferably in Accounting.
• 0-2 years
• Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people are essential.
• Good organizational and multitasking skills
• Strong analytical and data analysis skills
• Exhibits initiative, responsibility and flexibility.
• Ability to maintain flexible attitude and approach towards assignments and successfully operate under guidelines.
• Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing, vision and speaking within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
• No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computers, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines.
• The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting occasional fast paced events and extensive work at a computer monitor and/or calculator.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click Here to Apply
Closing Date: 25th January, 2016
Check other pages below for more jobs
| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24
General Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index