Adam Smith International is a professional services business that delivers real impact, value and lasting change through projects supporting economic growth and government reform internationally.
DFID-funded skills development programme Empowering marginalised youths and women Northern Nigeria
Position: Apprenticeship Training Specialist
Reporting To: Apprenticeship Intervention Manager
• MAFITA is a 6-year DFID-funded programme working in Nigeria's northern states, with a vision to empower marginalised youths and women through provision of increased economic opportunities and social inclusion. MAFITA is currently recruiting.
• The Training Specialist will support training activities, assessment and certification in the Apprenticeship intervention.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Act as main liaison between Mafita and master craft persons including home-based on training
• Facilitate the understanding and implementation of minimum standards within the apprenticeship system
• Facilitate the selection of master craft persons for training in the technical colleges
• Assist in the facility assessment in available clusters
• Liaise with the Apprenticeship Operations Officer for the procurement, installation and training of upgrades in the apprenticeship system
• Facilitate and monitor on a regular basis the quality and relevance of the apprenticeships
• Liaise with NBTE through intervention manager to appoint an awarding body to assess and certify the graduates of the apprenticeship system
• Liaise with technical colleges for the development of occupational standards, unit specifications and learning materials for the training of the master craft persons
• Facilitate the training of selected craft persons in the technical colleges
• Liaise with the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) through the intervention manager to develop an appropriate model of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) to assess and certify the master craft persons
• Any other tasks as assigned by the Intervention Manager
Duration and Location
• This is a full time position, commencing on the 4th January 2016 with anticipated 440 days of input until 4th January 2018. The consultant will be based in the Kano project office with some travel to the focal states; Kaduna and Katsina, with Jigawa in the long-run.
• Northern Nigeria has high-youth unemployment, insecurity and limited economic opportunities. This reality can lead to extremism and instability. Marginalised groups, such as adolescent women and the Almajirai are particularly hard-hit.
• MAFITA aims to lead 68,000 marginalised young people - with a particular emphasis on adolescent girls and Almajirai - to gainful employment. By 2021, the program will create a net total of 43,300 full-time equivalent jobs and assisting 23,500 micro and small enterprises (MSEs). The project will tackle the supply and demand side of the labour market, focussing on the delivery of skills essential for employment, as well as the absorptive capacity of the labour market.
• MAFITA will partner with public and private stakeholders to improve access to relevant and quality training, mentorship, work experience, business development, and financial services for marginalised youths and women. The programme will also support local market systems to enable the absorption of MAFITA's target beneficiaries into sustainable income-generating activities.
• Apprenticeship: professional experience in apprenticeship
• Fluent in Hausa and English (written and spoken)
Method of Application
Interested candidates should Click Here to Apply
Interested applicants must have experience working in the skills sector and must comply with requirements.
Due to the volume of applications received by Adam Smith International, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: 31st December, 2015
Check other pages below for more jobs
| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20
General Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index