Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners - Our client, a global company producing feed for aquaculture with a factory based in Ibadan, Oyo State, is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Junior Financial Accountant
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
• Review and verify invoices and check requests
• Sort, code and match invoices
• Set invoices up for payment
• Enter and upload invoices into system
• Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
• Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
• Maintain vendor files
• Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
• Produce monthly reports
• Assist with month end closing
• Provide supporting documentation for audits
• Track expenses and process expense reports
• Prepare and process electronic transfers and payments
• Prepare and perform cheque runs
• Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
• Reconcile accounts payable transactions
• Prepare analysis of accounts
• Maintain petty cash
• Year-end statutory audits and month-end reporting
• Prepare draft financial statements for review by the Business Controller
• Preparation of schedules for the interim and year-end statutory audits
• Prepare month end journals and balance sheet reconciliations for a number of accounts including the VAT, Fixed Assets, Accruals and etc.
Banking & Treasury
• Processing treasury related journals at month-end and reconciling the balance sheet accounts
• Set up online banking payments and manual payments, including international payments.
• Prepare regular cash flow forecasting
• Prepare and file monthly VAT returns
• Prepare and file monthly NSIT/ ITF
• Keep abreast of developments in tax regulations and suggest changes to ensure compliance
• Withhold applicable taxes from vendors
• File monthly WHT returns
• Help develop SKNG's withholding tax strategy, ensuring full compliance while giving vendors credit notes on a timely basis.
Education & Qualifications
• Must have a Bachelor's degree and be at least a part qualified Accountant
• Must have at least 3 years' experience within a Finance department
• Experience involving banking, account reconciliations, preparing financial statements and preparing VAT/ WHT returns.
• Experience dealing with tax/ FIRS at an operational level.
• Experience in financial accounting - particularly statutory reporting and tax are essential for this role.
• A high level of computer literacy is needed and they should be a proficient user of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Report Writing skills are also a requirement for the role and they should be comfortable analysing large amounts of data and reporting the results.
• Experience using ERP systems is must
• An understanding of statutory (FIRS) accounting rules and Nigerian tax legislation, including rules around VAT/ WHT and corporations tax.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their application letter and CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com using the job title as subject of the mail
Closing Date: 25th January, 2016
Check other pages below for more jobs
| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20
General Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index