Job Title: Logistics Advisor - Strategy and Demand Planning in John Snow, Inc.
• Support Federal Ministry of Health, implementing partners and other stakeholders to agree on assumptions that will support forecast and supply plan for health commodities.
• Quarterly update of national supply plans for health commodities to inform procurement decisions by the donors, funding projections by the project and estimate of funding gaps required to inform continuously availability of products for health service delivery based on currently available information.
• Work with the appropriate stakeholders (NMEP, USAID, other Ps, State RBM program etc.) to determine the quantity of long lasting insecticidal nets (LLINs) required for routine LLINs distribution and LLIN campaigns
• Support the microplanning activities for LLINs campaigns and provide full scale support for the implementation of the actual campaign activities in identified States.
• Development/update review appropriate documents required by home office to support procurement e.g. PPMR, CPIR, TOR etc. and liaise with appropriate units for commodity procurement.
• Work with JSl Nigeria Procurement unit to manage clients expectations, needs and to monitor commodities supply plan.
• Monitor procurement of commodities, and routinely review last mile delivery requirements vis-a-vis available stock and expected shipments to inform shipment rescheduling as may be indicated.
• Coordinate routine resupplies of health commodities to partners to ensure uninterrupted supply of health commodities for program activities.
• Monitor stock of health commodities in various warehouses in the country for prompt supply plan update.
• Procurement planning and coordination of virtual stock management across all the warehouses.
• Coordinate timely submission of bi-monthly stock status report update based on the available logistics data in collaboration with M&E Field Program Management and Supply Chain Operations teams.
• Provide technical support to the State Logistics Management Coordinating Units (LMCU) on development of Quarterly Stock Status Report and other supply chain reports that will guide decision making by senior government functionaries.
• Update and submit quarterly commodities financial forecast to SCMS Nigeria management to support Global SCMS procurement decisions.
• Provide technical support to PSM TWGs on supply chain activities to ensure continuous availability of needed health products.
• Support capacity building activities on commodity forecasting and supply planning for Government of Nigeria counterparts and implementing partners.
• Work with other advisors and short-term technical assistance (STTA) providers to provide required TA for activities and also facilitate transfer of skills to appropriate staff.
• Contribute to identifying best practices and success stories for JSI Nigeria’s periodic logistics bulletin, national and international conferences.
• Any other duties assigned.
Applicants for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications:
• A Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy, Public Health, Medical Lab science, Logistics Management, Business Administration or equivalent.
• Three to five years of professional experience in health programs, preferably in an international health care supply chain management environment.
• Specific experience in HIV/AIDS, TB, FP, MNCH or Malaria programs strongly desired.
• Demonstrated ability to monitor, supervise, and train in health supply chain programs.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills,
• Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired.
• A proven ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing.
• Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, ‘and PowerPoint is required.
• Demonstrated ability to use forecasting and supply planning software (e.g Quantimed and Pipeline) is highly desired.
• Ability and willingness to travel in the field.
• Salary commensurate with experience and salary history. JSI offer excellent benefits.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume and cover letter stating their suitability for the position as a document while indicating the position being applied as the subject of their email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Applications without a cover letter stating suitability, will be rejected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 23rd February, 2016
Check other pages below for more jobs
| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63
General Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index