Job Title: Team Leader (Internal Audit) in Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc
Reporting To: Head, Internal Audit
• To assist Head, Internal Audit in all activities related to financial, commercial, and technical audits
• Responsible for developing an Annual Audit Plan by identifying areas of audit. The internal audit team has to initiate preparation of an annual audit plan at the beginning of the year. This plan considers various risk factors like Financial, Industrial Relations, Statutory and Corporate Image and inputs from Top Management, Statutory Auditors and Audit Committee.
• Review auditable activities and corresponding audit checklist for the audit areas under control- coordinate with various departments/agencies for making available relevant records for the purpose of carrying out audit and ensure that the audits are carried out as per plan
• Audit the processes of collection, money receipt, payment for disbursement of salary, billing process, distribution of bills, disconnection.
• Ensure that various processes and policies decided upon are implemented by the internal audit team.
• Ensure that strategies defined are implemented by internal audit team for accomplishment of the department’s objectives.
• Examine the audit report & issue the same to the auditee.
• Conduct special audit of stores, cash, and contractors’ bills
• Handle the deployment of manpower (both in-house & outsourced).
• Follow –up the Internal Audit reports, making presentation before the Audit Committee
• Follow up on highlighted observations on all audit reports
• Analyze audit results and recommend corrective action based on important audit findings
• Visit the auditee’s office during the course of audit for better supervision & control
• Carry out specific management assigned jobs - conducting special audits on a case to case basis.
• Follow-up on the progress of implementation of various decisions undertaken on the basis of audit report and thus resulting in efficient performance of the departments
• Approve the audit bills of external auditors.
• Monitor the outsourced internal auditor.
• Manage the MIS/KPI’s related to financial audit
• First degree in Accounting, Finance or any related discipline
• 10 years relevant work experience
• Possession of professional certifications (such as ACA, ACCA, CIA) will be an added advantage.
• Knowledge of Internal department processes
• Understanding regulatory regime
• Analytical skills
• Innovation & lateral thinking
Method of Application
Interested Applicants should please Click Here to Apply
Unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged.
Closing Date: 20th January, 2016
Check other pages below for more jobs
| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20
General Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index