Position: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer in Africa Field Epidemiology Network
Immediate Supervisor: Resident Advisor.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) officer, under the supervision of the HIV Strategic Information Advisor will be responsible for the implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities of AFENET H IV activities at the central/states and facilities. S/he will work with others in the central team and alongside implementing partners to ensure that AFENET monitoring and evaluation activities are appropriate and meet the donor and project's M&E needs.
• A university degree in medicine, pharmacy, statistics, epidemiology and computer science with 3 years relevant experience in monitoring and evaluation and a sound understanding of HIV/AIDS with provision of PMTCT and anti-retroviral therapy (ART) in resource constrained settings. An MPH or its equivalent will be an added advantage.
• Or BSc/BA in statistics, pharmacy, microbiology, monitoring and evaluation or in relevant degree with 5 to 7 years relevant experience in monitoring and evaluation with a sound understanding of HIV/AIDS with provision of PMTCT and anti-retroviral therapy (ART) in resource constrained settings. An MPH or its equivalent will be an added advantage.
• An experience I graduate of the FEL TP will be an added advantage
• Adequate experience with the National! State/PEPFARI Global Funds SI system is highly desirable.
• Demonstrated experience in the design, implementation and management of health monitoring and evaluation systems.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation practices, methods, tools and guidelines
• Must have the ability to obtain, analyze, organize and interpret data and present findings in both oral and written form effectively to technical and non-technical colleagues. .
• Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office package applications and a statistical package such as Epi info, SPSS, SAS or STATA
• Knowledge of and experience in health information management systems and
• database maintenance.
• Knowledge of and practical experience in health-related research and ethical requirements.
• Excellent (fluent) English writing and verbal communication skills with strong interpersonal skills.
• Team player with ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Have a clear understanding of the health system structure in HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria environment within the country.
• Have a supportive attitude towards processes of strengthening local partners and building local capacities for self-management.
• Be willing to undertake regular field visits with a team approach to program implementation and be able to manage several major activities simultaneously
• Ability to interact with and engage stakeholders at different levels.
• Flexible, willing to travel and work weekends
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with the state government and facilities to provide support and guidance on program/project monitoring and evaluation activities and on US Government and Government of Nigeria reporting requirements.
• Provide support to sites in each PEPFAR supported state, including interacting with site Program Managers. M&E focal points, M&E officers of SACA/SASCP, other Implementing Agencies and local research groups on needs and ensuring that these parties understand and can support these requirements.
• Work with local partners to support the correct implementation and use of monitoring and evaluation tools, and adherence to complete, correct and timely reporting.
• Conduct routine monitoring visits to project sites, including the conduct of data quality assessments (DQAs) using official tools, assist in the preparation of monthly reports, and provide supportive supervision.
• Ensure that the quality of program/project activities adheres to SOPs by supporting the development and implementation of appropriate mechanisms to ensure quality.
• Provide direct technical assistance and capacity building in the design and implementation of the program/project Monitoring and Enhanced Evaluation components of the activities in the communities served.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of computerized data capture of the program and provide technical assistance and training to the staff at the sites responsible for data entry.
• On a monthly basis, analyze state-level data and provide approved reports to State Office, National Office and local partners or other relevant parties.
• Build capacity of local partners in project monitoring and with program staff and local partners, use program/project monitoring data to modify existing programs and design new programs.
• Document lessons learned and best practices in monitoring and evaluation, according to CDC and PEPFAR guidelines.
• Represent AFENET and make presentations at professional meetings and conferences related to Monitoring and Evaluation.
• Remain informed of current issues regarding Monitoring and Evaluation of programs in the HIV/AIDS/STI fields by review of current literature; be alert to any implication of such research for project and program activities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Method of Application
Interested applicants for this position should visit the AFENET Human Resource web application (www.nigeria-feltp.com/careers.php) and submit their applications, addressing the minimum requirements as per the advertisement and current curriculum vitae with details of your referees in a single file format. Any other documentation (e.g. publications. certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position will be required if shortlisted.
Candidates should indicate appropriate positions in their application letter. AFENET is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: 15 December, 2015
Check other pages below for more health jobs
|1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 |
Health Job Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index