Position: HIV Advisor in Africa Field Epidemiology Network
Immediate Supervisor: HIV Advisor
The HIV Advisor under the supervision of the Resident Advisor AFENET will be responsible for the implementation and supervision of the AFENET HIV program in Nigeria. S/he will work with others within the AFENET team and alongside AFENET partners to ensure that AFENET HIV/AIDS activities are appropriate and meet the Government of Nigeria (GON) donor and project's objectives.
• A university degree in medicine with an MPH or its equivalent, with 7-10 years relevant experience in HIV/AIDS programs including deep knowledge of Strategic Information (operational research. monitoring and evaluation and HIV Surveillance).
• A sound understanding of HI VIA IDS programs with provision of PMTCT and anti-retroviral therapy (ART) in resource constrained settings.
• An experience with the FEL TP program will be an added advantage
• Adequate experience with the National! State/PEPFAR! Global Funds HIV and Systems is highly desirable.
• Demonstrated experience in the leadership, design, implementation, management and tracking/monitoring of.HIV programs and events.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Good understanding of the PEPFAR and National HIV/AIDS systems and thematic areas
• Experience working with a wide range of implementing partners in Nigeria
• Must be familiar with the various National, PEPFAR and WHO guidelines for treatment, care and support, PMTCT, Strategic information and other key HIV programs
• Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation practices, methods, tools and guidelines
• Must have the ability to obtain, analyze, organize and interpret data, and present findings in both oral and written forms effectively to technical and non-technical colleagues.
• Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office package applications and a statistical package such as Epi info, SPSS, SAS or STATA
• Knowledge of and experience in health information management systems and database maintenance.
• Knowledge of and practical experience in health-related research and ethical requirements.
• Excellent (fluent) English writing and verbal communication skills with strong interpersonal skills.
• Team player with ability to work without supervision.
• Have a clear understanding of the health system structure in HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria environment within the country.
• Have a supportive attitude towards processes of strengthening local partners and building local capacities for self-management.
• Be willing to undertake regular field visits with a team approach to program implementation and be able to manage several major activities simultaneously
• Ability to interact with and engage stakeholders at different levels.
• Flexible, willing to travel and work on weekends
Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead the AFENET HIV program and take responsibility for the AFENET HIV strategy and implementation.
• Guide the Strategic Information unit of AFENET on delivery of mandate
• Coordinate the design and implementation of strategies that will increase participation of N FEL TP in HIV/AIDs related programs
• Support the delivery of PEPFAR objectives in Nigeria and support specific HIV activities as may be assigned to the program by CDC or the Government. These include (but not limited to) HIV data system strengthening, HIV/AIDS surveys, HIV assessments and evaluations.
• Supervise and mentor NFEL TP residents in all activities to achieve key deliverables, with extra focus on HIV/AIDS related activities
• Identify HIV/AIDS research priorities and strengthening of HIV/AIDS related operational research of NFELTP including residents' thesis design, review and finalization
• In collaboration with other advisors and residents, design, plan, implement and evaluate projects on HIV/AIDS and other diseases
• Guide residents of the program in preparing protocols and tools in the design and conduct of the FEL TP practical outputs including study protocols, outbreak investigations and scientific write up with additional focus particularly HIV related ones
• Provide appropriate guidance to residents in the evaluation of public health surveillance systems and analysis of surveillance dataset with focus on HIV
• Support residents to develop HIV manuscript for publication in peer reviewed journals work with the state government and facilities to provide support and guidance on program/project monitoring and evaluation activities and on US Government and Government of Nigeria reporting requirements.
• Provide support to sites in the each PEPFAR supported states, including interacting with site Program Managers, M&E focal points, M&E officers of SACA/SASCP, other Implementing Agencies and local research groups on needs and ensuring that these parties understand and can support these requirements.
• Work with local partners to support the correct implementation and use of monitoring and evaluation tools, and adherence to complete, correct and timely reporting.
• Ensure that the quality of program/project activities adheres to SOPs by supporting the development and implementation of appropriate mechanisms to ensure quality.
• Provide direct technical assistance and capacity building in the design and implementation of the program/project Monitoring and Enhanced Evaluation components of the activities in the communities served.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of computerized data capture of the program and provide technical assistance and training to the staff at the sites responsible for data entry.
• Build capacity of local partners in project monitoring and with program staff and local partners, use program/project monitoring data to modify existing programs and design new programs.
• Represent AFENET and makes presentations at professional meetings and conferences related to Monitoring and Evaluation.
• Remain informed of current issues regarding HIV/AIDS/STIITB fields by review of current literature: be alert to any implication of such research for project and program activities.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Resident Advisor.
Method of Application
Interested applicants for this position should visit the AFENET Human Resource web application (www.nigeria-feltp.com/careers.php) and submit their applications, addressing the minimum requirements as per the advertisement and current curriculum vitae with details of your referees in a single file format. Any other documentation (e.g. publications. certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position will be required if shortlisted.
Candidates should indicate appropriate positions in their application letter. AFENET is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: 15 December, 2015
Check other pages below for more health jobs
|1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 |
Health Job Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index