Management Sciences for Health (MSH) saves lives and improves health, especially among the world's poorest and most vulnerable people, by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world's poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the positions of:
Job Title: Training on Collaborative TB/HIV Intervention Consultant
To strategically address emerging and re-emerging issues on Collaborative TB/HIV intervention, MSH – Pro-ACT Project continues to re-align intervention in this program area to meet PEPFAR-USAID requirements of reducing TB burden among PLHIV and HIV burden among TB patients. To this end, MSH Pro-ACT project will train Health care workers including TB local Government supervisors in respective projects. This 5 days capacity building intervention will bring health care workers to speed on 12 collaborative TB/HIV intervention areas and as well address gaps in the use of newer technology for TB diagnosis, improve case detection among children, intensify TB burden reduction strategy with IPT and strengthen linkages between care and treatment settings and TB DOTs units in supported facilities. To achieve this, MSH-Pro-ACT project will engage 4 seasoned facilitators to train along MSH technical leads in respective venues of the training. AS part of sustainability to strengthen capacity building in respective project states, identified and qualified trainers from state training centers will support the training faculty during this period.
• The lead facilitators will facilitate in a 5-days training alongside MSH technical leads on collaborative TB/HIV intervention.
• In the course of the training, facilitators will ensure presentations are aligned to address , and reflect participants, facility and state specific issues as is highlighted in the training needs assessment
• At the end of the engagement, the facilitator will write a comprehensive training report to be submitted to MSH leadership
• In the course of training, the facilitator will lead and facilitate group work sessions as detailed in the training slides including ensuring the objectives of the plenary sessions are met.
• S/he will be responsible for documenting and compiling the action plans arrived at after plenary group work sessions
• The facilitator will collate, analyze, and report the daily training evaluation as part of the effort to improve training quality
• S/he is expected to conduct and analyze the pre and post test result in an excel sheet provided by MSH.
• Ensure a seamless conduct of training using adult learning principles
• Compile and present post training follow up action plans as agreed during plenary sessions
• Present a comprehensive training report to MSH leadership
• S/he will be responsible for conveying herself/himself to the venue of the training
• S/he is expected to arrive 2 days prior to the training for a pre-training meeting with MSH technical leads
• Experienced with Train the trainer (TOT) approach on collaborative TB/HIV interventions
• Evidence of participated /attended international conference on TB/HIV management ( evidence of current Union Conference is an added advantage)
• Have facilitated Comprehensive ART training within the past 2 years
• Other evidence of ART trainings
• At least 7 years post MBBS
• MPH and other advanced Medical degrees will be of advantage
• Linkage with any institute of higher learning providing comprehensive HIV services
• Demonstrate clear understanding of the DOTs and STOP TB strategy
• Membership of TB/HIV and/ or ART TWG will be an added advantage
• Support to complex and busy comprehensive ART center
• Good oral/writing and communication skills
• Provide clear documentation in a post training report
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
Closing Date: 7th December, 2015
Check other pages below for more health jobs
|1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 |
Health Job Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index