Job Title: Senior Technical Advisor- Provider Initiatives in USAID/HC3
Reports to: Chief of Party
• The position will be responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of l1CTsHealth Care
• Provider strategies and activities designed to improve client-provider communication and increase facility related malaria prevention and treatment services.
• Provide Technical guidance and work with the He} team 10 design interventions to innovatively up skill and motivate health care providers TO be able to provide key malaria information, promote malaria diagnosis and Treatment and improve uptake of focused antenatal care (FANC) IPTp and long-lasting insecticide-Treated nets (LLIN) use amongst clients
• Initiate innovative approaches TO increase intermittent preventative treatment (IPTp) rates by health care professionals
• Ensure Thai HC3's health care provider initiatives serve to promote adherence to the national malaria treatment guidelines at community and facility levels
• Work with HC3 implementing partners to identify ongoing communication initiatives and opportunities for health care providers at all levels and leverage on these opportunities
• Facilitate processes tor engaging with identified relevant service providers and their professional associations (including community agencies) towards improving adherence to national malaria policy, guidelines and priorities.
• Contribute to the development and implementation ofHC3's innovative and robust social anti behaviour change communication (SBCC) approaches
• Other duties as assigned by the Chief of Party
Qualification, Experience and Skills
• Advanced degree in clinical medicine required
• Advanced university degree in public health and experience in malaria programme management highly desirable.
• Minimum of five years of work experience in public health programme development and implementation, particularly in developing country.
• Experience with SBCC, especially programs with providers as target audiences highly desirable
• Experience in healthcare quality improvement activities
• Knowledge and understanding of trends in Nigerian healthcare reforms
• Fluency in written and spoken English required.
• Proficiency in at least one local Nigerian language highly desired
• Ability to work in a rapidly evolving environment
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a high demand work environment
• Analytical skills: Demonstrated ability to analyse complex situations, grasp the critical aspects and make timely and firm decisions based on sound judgment.
• Interpersonal skills: Ability to work in a multinational and multi disciplinary environment
• Communication skills: Strong ability to draft and edit high level technical reports and make effective oral presentations in English.
• Results oriented: Ability to consistently apply organizational policies and procedures. Ability to focus on results in programme/project design, monitoring and implementation, as well as integrate new approaches and innovations and use funds in a cost-effective manner.
• Integrity: High degree of integrity and amiable disposition in building appropriate internal and external relationships.
• Relationship building: Ability to build relevant strategic partnerships and alliances with key stakeholders and partners, to identify areas of common interest and recommend opportunities for collaboration and joint initiatives.
To apply please follow the directions exactly:
Email one document - Cover letter and CV ONLY by Monday December 7, 2015 at 5 pm Abuja time to: email@example.com
The document should be a cover letter first, with bullet points in bold on how the candidate meets the minimum qualifications. Following the cover letter; in the same document, should be the candidates CV, combined into ONE DOCUMENT
CVs should include references, as well as a list of languages in which the candidate is proficient. Candidate should indicate their level of proficiency for each language (noting 2 if limited working proficiency 3 if general professional proficiency, 4 if advanced professional proficiency, and 5 for functional native proficiency).
Do NOT send any other documents or attachments. Please note, any applications submitted with certificates, transcripts etc. will be immediately discarded.
Do NOT send links to online resumes or CVs. Any applications submitted with a link to an online resume or CV will be immediately discarded.
Candidates should write for the subject email title: "Application for HC3 STA Health Provider Initiative" - any emails without this exact subject line format will be immediately discarded.
Only final candidates will be contacted for further engagement,
Closing Date: 7th December, 2015
Check other pages below for more health jobs
|1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 |
Health Job Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index