Position: DHIS2 Officer in Africa Field Epidemiology Network
Immediate Supervisor: HIV Strategic Information advisor
The DHIS officer under the supervision of the AFENET HIV Advisor is responsible for spearheading AFENET's involvement with the District Health Information System (DHIS) HIV implementation. S/He will support the roll out of the Government of Nigeria (GON) DHIS2 instance, inclusion of PEPFAR indicators and facility-level reporting. Working with other relevant partners S/He will ensure that data collected from state level implementation are collated and entered expeditiously in the web based DHIS and ready for use for program planning. S/he will work with others in the team and implementing partners to ensure that AFENET HIV/AIDS activities are appropriate and meet the GON, donor and project's objectives.
• Must possess a first degree in statistics/medical sciences Idemography/social sciences or its equivalent in a relevant field.
• Postgraduate degree or equivalent in data management, public health, epidemiology or other health related disciplines
• Possess at least 3-year experience in data management or monitoring and evaluation
• Must have documented minimum of one (1) year experience in the use of DHIS 1.4 and 2.0.
• Experience in managing data at national, state or LGA level.
• Proficiency in use of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Epi info and SPSS.
• S/He must possess ability to analyse and interpret both quantitative and qualitative data to inform programming.
• A good understanding of HIV/AIDS programs
• Adequate experience with the National/ State/PEPFAR/Global Funds HIV and Systems is highly desirable,
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Good understanding of the PEPFAR and National HIV/AIDS, systems and thematic areas
• Experience with working a wide range of implementing partners in Nigeria
• Must be familiar with the various National, PEPFAR and WHO guidelines for treatment, care and Support, PMTCT, Strategic information and other key HIV programs
• Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation practices, methods, tools and guidelines
• Must have the ability to obtain, analyze, organize and interpret data and present findings in both oral and written form effective to technical and non-technical colleagues.
• Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office package applications and a statistical package such as Epi info, SPSS, SAS or STAT A
• Knowledge of and experience in health information management systems and database maintenance,
• Knowledge of and practical experience in health-related research and ethical requirements.
• Excellent (fluent) English written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
• Team player with ability to work without supervision.
• Have a clear understanding of the health system structure in HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria environment within the country.
Duties and Responsibilities
• The successful candidate will provide technical support to users of DHIS2 at all levels and will modify and update the DHIS2 modules in accordance with program requirement and specification.
• Support the implementation of the HIV/AIDS NHMIS scale up plan in the states
• Provide technical leadership to the State HIV teams on the use of the DHIS2 HIV dashboard for data driven decision making
• Build capacity of state and LGA government officers to enter data, analyze and provide regular reports using DHIS2.
• Work with SO's, M&E officers. HMIS officers and others as indicated to analyze collected data and provide feedback to State and Local government RE teams
• Liaise with AFENET HIV Data Management Team to provide regular feedback and troubleshoot problems
• Provide mentoring, support and supervision to state facilities working on HIV on data collection, data entry and appropriate use of H IV reporting tools
• Develop Monthly technical report following all supportive supervision activities conducted
• Train State and LGA HIV teams on data management
• Perform other duties as assigned by the HIV Advisor and Resident Advisor.
Method of Application
Interested applicants for this position should visit the AFENET Human Resource web application (www.nigeria-feltp.com/careers.php) and submit their applications, addressing the minimum requirements as per the advertisement and current curriculum vitae with details of your referees in a single file format. Any other documentation (e.g. publications. certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position will be required if shortlisted.
Candidates should indicate appropriate positions in their application letter. AFENET is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: 15 December, 2015
Check other pages below for more health jobs
|1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 |
Health Job Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index