Corporate Sustainability Masterclass 2017.
….Developing Leaders for Sustainable Business
Venue: LCCI Conference and Exhibition Center, Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos Nigeria
Date and Time: 5-6th, April 2017. Time is 10am -5pm
Corporate Sustainability has become a core requirement for business across industries and sectors. Companies that strategically innovate and integrate sustainability into core operations will be minimizing negative impacts and maximizing positive impacts on people, planet and also be the market leader of tomorrow. Corporate Sustainability will help companies to create competitive advantage and shareholders value, work more effectively, reduce costs, maximize profit, conserve resources, mitigate environmental harm, build customers loyalty, building investors’ confidence, attract millennia employees’ thereby increasing productivity etc.
The Masterclass is therefore designed for companies and personnel who are willing to move to the next level of business practice in conformity with the global best practices, discovering what sustainability means in the “new” world of economic uncertainty (the new playing field), why businesses need to change (the new paradigm of sustainable business), and how people can position their business to use sustainability to not only improve their business image but also grow their businesses (taking visible action and delivering tangible returns from implementing initiatives etc).
Participants will learn the critical concepts, tools and techniques required to put your organization on the path to sustainability – and greater success!
Upon completion of the course, trainees are able to:
- Apply the knowledge and skills gained in middle CSR management levels
- Develop and implement an effective Corporate sustainability strategy
- Develop CSR/sustainability reporting and communication models in line with global best practices.
- Acquire a world class certificate in Corporate Sustainability
- Create positive, productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Who Should Attend
Directors, HODs, Company Managers, CSR Practitioners, Public Relations Managers, Marketing Managers, Human Resources Managers, employees, and Workers who are responsible for:
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Corporate Affairs
- Environmental Affairs
- Community Affairs
- Supply Chain/Logistics
- Health and Safety
- Governance and Risk Management
Also from cross industries, NGOs, Governments, academia, International organizations & Civil Society
- Frameable program certificate from the CENGSSUD Sustainability Centre with global recognition
- Six months of follow-up support and member Network, Sustainability whatsapp group etc
- Customized CD with all program materials, case studies, lecture notes and a full set of the CSR & Sustainability Knowledge Centre resource library
- Tea break, coffee, lunch, and all refreshments.
MODULE 1: FROM CSR TO CORPORATE SUSTAINABILITY
Transforming from a short-term philanthropy mind-set to a more strategic, sustainable CSR approach
Increasingly companies are realising that there is real business merit to responsible practices that not only upholds their reputation but also their longevity. as business leaders become more interested in a ‘sustainability’ agenda, CSR teams need to move away from short-term philanthropy practices and take this opportunity to elevate social investment to a higher place on the radars screen of business strategy.
- Definition and Concepts
- Differences between corporate sustainability and CSR
- The rise of Sustainability
- Importance of corporate sustainability to business
- Making a Business Case – Private Sector
- Climate Change
MODULE 2: CHANGE MANAGEMENT TOWARDS SUSTAINABILITY
Embedding sustainability into the organization’s DNA to transform your business and create long-term success
- Adopting a top-down approach to rolling out the CSR strategy across the organisation
- Working with internal stakeholders and functions to successfully drive transformational, long-term change growth
MODULE 3: CURRENT GLOBAL AND LOCAL LEGISLATION FOR SUSTAINABILITY
- Sustainability – COP 21 outcomes and future impact
- Sustainability: the UN Global Compact & the SDGs
- Corporate governance and sustainability legislation
- Corporate responsibility and business Ethics
- New sustainability trends, policies and regulations
MODULE4: BUILDING STRATEGIC AND SUSTAINABLE CSR
Developing and integrating a sustainable CSR strategy to drive measurable impact and business growth
- Identifying the key deliverables of your CSR agenda to build an impactful strategy
- Aligning your CSR strategy with long-term business objectives to support sustainable growth
- Designing a CSR strategy and function that meets your organisational objectives and community’s needs
- Building a framework that promotes partnerships with key stakeholders to ensure maximum engagement
MODULE 5: SUSTAINABLE AND RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS
Delivering long-term improvements in the community, environment and business performance
- Adopting a CSR strategy that has a 360° impact on improving social environment and economic sustainability
- Building cost-effective responsible programmes to maintain the organisation’s financial viability
- Designing initiatives that combine environment, social and economic aspects to ensure value to all stakeholders
- Engaging with stakeholders from the start to ensure organizational support
MODULE 6: SUSTAINABILITY (CSR) INTEGRATION & RELATED GLOBAL STANDARDS & GUIDELINES (UN GLOBAL COMPACT, GRI, SROI)
- Stakeholder matrix
- Creating a sustainable (CSR) strategy & tips for Sustainability integration
- A step by step approach
- Sustainable supply chain
- Global Models Presentation and Description: Global Reporting Initiative (G4), UN Global Compact
- How to calculate Social Return on Investment
- Best practices and case studies on successful sustainability strategies
- Key questions and examples in order to apply Sustainability into your Organization
MODULE 7 THE IMPORTANCE OF SUSTAINABILITY IN SUPPLY CHAIN AND CARBON FOOTPRINT REDUCTION
- CSR strategy & stakeholders
- CSR in the supply chain
- Stakeholder engagement strategy
- The rise of the carbon footprint strategy as part of the environmental strategy. What can organizations do?
- Carbon accounting and WRI Greenhouse Gas Protocol
- Carbon offsetting
- Case study: Siemens
MODULE 8: SUSTAINABILITY (CSR/ ESG) REPORTING BASED ON GRI
- The importance of sustainability ratings
- Understanding reporting
- Why report?
- GRI G4 Guidelines: Reporting on the Triple Bottom Line
- Case Studies & exercises
- Best practices on reporting communication
- External Assurance
- Testing Understanding
Course Fee: N125,000 or $250
Early bird registration: – N110,000 or $220 only before February 28th 2017.
10% discount off early bird rate on group bookings (2 – 3 nominations)
20% discount off early bird rate on group bookings (4 or more nominations)
should be paid within the early bird time frame.
PLEASE PAY TO THE ACCOUNT DETAILS BELOW STATING TRAINEE’S NAME(S) AS REFERENCE
Centre for Global Solutions
GUARANTEE TRUST BANK (GTBANK)
Centre for Global Solutions and Sustainable Development
Please note: The reference name on payment receipt must correspond with the name required on the attendance certificate; any changes must be approved in writing by the team
If you have questions about this Corporate Sustainability Masterclass Trainings or other training Programmes, please email, [email protected] or call 08033947904, 08181027128
DATE AND TIME
Wed, Apr 5, 2017, 9:00 PM –
Thu, Apr 6, 2017, 5:00 PM
LCCI Conference and Exhibition Centre, Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
10, Nurudeen Olowopopo Drive, Alausa
Ikeja, Lagos 01234.
Centre for Global Solutions and Sustainable Development (CENGSSUD)
Organizer of Corporate Sustainability Masterclass Course
Centre for Global Solutions and Sustainable Development (CENGSSUD) is a multi-focused/dimensional Think-Tank and not-for-profit making organisation with the primary objective of promoting sustainable development and contributes to advancing practical and workable solutions to sustainable development issues through research, policy development/analysis, advocacy, capacity development and partnerships.
We engage in a global business consultancy with special focus on sustainability and corporate responsibility. We use expert insight and a simplified approach to sustainability to deliver growth and long-term value for business and society.
We advise on a number of areas including sustainable business strategy, CSR, environment, supply chain, socio-economic &environment impacts, SDGs, sustainability reporting and assurance – helping companies to make the smart choices that will enable them to survive and thrive in an increasingly challenging business environment.
We strive at building partnerships with businesses, NGOs, governments, and individuals everywhere to work faster and better to find solutions that are practical, workable and sustainable; and to transform lives, businesses and communities from what they are today to what they can be, tomorrow.
CENGSSUD has official participating Status with the United Nations Global Compact.