- Biggest economy in Africa (GDP $413.7 Billion 2017 estimate)
- More Than 250 Ethnic Groups. Hausa, Yoruba & Ibo being the major tribes
- Most Populous Country in Africa, 180 Million (2017 estimates)
- Africa's biggest oil producer, 2.25MBD in Jan 2018
- Home to 160 Universities, with Ogun State with the highest number of 11
- Home to richest black man and woman, Aliko Dangote and Folorunso Alakija
- Home of Nollywood, 2nd biggest movie industry in the world, second to Bollywood.
- One of the Oldest Locations of Human Existence. The Nok civilization took place around 500 BC
- 3rd Mainland Bridge Lagos is 2nd longest bridge in Africa after 6th October Bridge Cairo
- Most educated immigrant group in the US
- Lagos is the largest city in Africa by population (21 Million), followed by Cairo Egypt
- First African country to win U-17 World up and Olympic gold in Soccer
- Christianity and Islam are the 2 Major Religions.
- Derived name from Niger River, West Africa's longest river.