The African Takaful (Islamic Insurance) Forum is taking place 6-7 March in Albuja, Nigeria, and is being organized by the AlHuda Centre of Islamic Banking & Economics (AlHuda CIBE). The event will be followed by a 2 day workshop on March 8-9 on takaful operations.
As one of the most developed countries in Africa, Nigeria has clear and strong economic potential and Takaful has the potential to become a strong segment of Nigeria’s life insurance sector. Takaful can be a platform for financial inclusion, not just for Muslims, but also for certain segments of the country’s Christian population. Takaful could also have a positive impact on insurance penetration overall. For this to happen, however, NAICOM believes more trust needs to be built for the takaful concept, especially among Nigeria’s Muslim population.
The objectives of the forum:
- Provide the thorough knowledge and benefits of Takaful industry in order to prepare adequate manpower
Analyze the problems hindering rapid development of Takaful in Nigeria that would help increasing financial inclusion
- Provide the opportunities for collaborations/partnerships with Takaful industry, Islamic retail, Corporate, SME and Treasury Bankers, Business Development Managers and Heads of Research and Development.
Who should attend?
- Heads, Managing Directors and CEOs of Takaful and Insurance Companies
- Islamic retail, Corporate, SME and Treasury Bankers
- Unit Trust Agents and Insurance/Takaful Agents
- Brokers of bonds and Sukuk
- Fund Managers and Selectors
- Government Officials and Representatives
- Financial Consultants and Advisors
- Economists and Policy Makers
- Stock Brokers and Shareholders
- Philanthropist and Investors
- Shari’ah Scholars and Experts
- Academia and Researchers
AlHuda Center of Islamic Banking & Economics (CIBE) works for the promotion of Islamic banking, finance and Islamic microfinance by offering trainings, awareness workshops, product development, advisory, consultancy. AlHuda CIBE is committed to impart sound knowledge about Islamic banking and finance around the globe.
Tue, Mar 6, 2018, 9:00 AM
Wed, Mar 7, 2018, 9:00 AM
Sheraton Abuja Hotel
ladi Kwali St, Wuse 021189, Abuja, Nigeria
Alhuda Centre of Islamic Banking & Economics
Organizer of African Takaful Forum
Towards the pursuance of our goal to promote Islamic banking and finance all over the globe, AlHuda Centre of Islamic Banking and Economics is working diligently since its existence 10 years ago. AlHuda CIBE has been acknowledged as a distinguished service provider due to our notable services, team of dedicated professionals and one stop solutions of Islamic banking and finance. Our aim is to provide state-of-the-art services of Islamic banking and finance.