Established by the African Union (AU), Innovating Education in Africa is looking to mobilise continental education thinkers who will help address education and skills development challenges in Africa especially as countries emerge from COVID-19.
Innovating Education in Africa 2022 seeks innovators capable of building new and practical education innovations with the potential for sustainability, scalability and replication on a wide scale.
Established by the African Union (AU), Innovating Education in Africa 2022 is looking to mobilise continental education thinkers who will help address education and skills development challenges in Africa especially as countries emerge from COVID-19.
The initiative aims to create change by incentivising innovators to identify major education and skills development challenges in Africa; sourcing innovative ideas as well as solutions to those challenges for adoption, replication and scale-up; and encouraging innovative partnerships involving education and training institutions, governments and other key stakeholders.
Successful applicants will benefit from one or more of the following:
- Receive grants of up to $100,000 to strengthen the interoperability of innovations with public education systems, while collecting evidence of effectiveness
- Promotion of Innovation to AU Member States and Development Partners, including publication in the Africa Education Innovations Handbook 2022
- Certificate of recognition from the Commissioner of Education, Science, Technology, and Innovation of the African Union
Applications will be accepted from citizens of AU Member States leading an organisation that meets the following criteria.
- Successfully implementing an education innovation in one or more AU Member States with verifiable outcomes. An education innovation refers to a product or service being offered by an organisation which uses a relatively distinct approach—with respect to the African context—in addressing challenges in the education system
- Legally registered and licensed to operate in an AU Member State
- Directly responsible for the implementation and management of the innovation, i.e., not acting as an intermediary
How to apply
Submit your innovation before the deadline on Thursday, September 15, 2022.